It’s about time I give myself a pep talk.
Dear Writer Bursting To Get Out:
You need to write!
As a result, this February, you need to decide to get serious, create a plan, form a support network, and figure out a way to write regularly. After all, in the year when we will celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Civil Rights Movement, surely you can muster up enough stamina to find the time to write when so many people sacrificed their time and lives for the privilege to be educated in America and so that we all have equal rights in America. Surely, you can press on and find purpose in your writing just like the many writers you idolize like Langston Hughes, Dorothy West, Nikki Giovanni, Eloise Greenfield, and the new novelist sensation Ayana Matheson, just to name a few!
You must let 2013 be your year for focusing on you writing!
Your Writer Within
Thank you for reading Grown Up Creativity!
Follow me on twitter: @ivywriter
- february cafe, 28 days of black creativity: the harlem renaissance – countee cullen (grownupcreativitymagazine.wordpress.com)
- february cafe, 28 days of black creativity: Happy Birthday Langston Hughes, My favorite Poet (grownupcreativitymagazine.wordpress.com)
- Why Working From A Cafe Can Make Sense Even When You Have An Office (lifehacker.com.au)
- march thirty one: national haiku writing month, #4 and #5 (marchthirtyone.wordpress.com)
- march thirty one: national haiku writing month #3 (marchthirtyone.wordpress.com)
- march thirty one poetry: national haiku writing month, #1 (marchthirtyone.wordpress.com)
- march thirty one poetry: february is national haiku writing month (marchthirtyone.wordpress.com)
- Virtual Café| poetry readings| by Cindi Silva| (mindfulnesswalks.wordpress.com)